I think everybody knows Apple even Android users. It is one of the largest companies in the world, one of the most recognized brands of our time, and some of the company’s products revolutionized whole industries. It’s no surprise that Apple has many fun facts to offer we want to share with you. Did you know that Apple once also launched a clothing line that you are not allowed to build nuclear weapons while using iTunes? If you like that article, make sure to share it with your friends and if you are hungry for more strange facts, we also have many other facts list.
1. The Apple I computer went on sale in July 1976 at a price of 666.66 US-Dollar because Steve Wozniak “liked repeating digits”.
2. During his time as CEO of Apple Steve Jobs only received a fixed salary of one US-Dollar per year. However due to his shares in Apple his net worth was estimated at 10.2 billion US-Dollar at the time of his death in 2011. How about some more facts about wealth and success?
3. Every iPhone ad from Apple displays the time 9:41 AM as this was the time Steve Jobs unveiled the original iPhone in 2007.
4. Steve Jobs dropped the first iPod prototype into an aquarium to prove that there was still empty space in it, and it could be made smaller.
5. According to estimates, the iPhone is the most profitable product in the world. About 50 percent of the selling price is Apple’s profit.
6. In 1986, Apple launched a clothing line but with no success. The collection included shirts, pants and sunglasses but also other things like a watch, a chair or even a sailboard.
Read More: 32 Facts about Google
7. An iPad with apps installed weighs more than an iPad without apps installed.
8. The star investor Carl Icahn was able to reduce Apple’s market value by 18 billion dollars with a single tweet.
9. “Steve Jobs” is the name of an Italian fashion label. The company behind the brand was founded in 2012 by two brothers after they had realized that Apple had never secured the rights to the name “Steve Jobs”. Interested in more facts about Italy? Just click that link.
10. Jeff Goldblum was offered to be the voice of Siri by Steve Jobs.
11. If you could power an iPhone with gasoline, one drop would be enough to use the smartphone for a whole day.
12. The first hard disk for Apple II had a capacity of five megabyte.
13. The Apple iTunes End User License Agreement (EULA) contains a paragraph that prohibits the use of iTunes to create nuclear missiles.
14. In 1994 the iPad would have been the fastest computer on earth.
Read More: 17 Fun Facts About Twitter
15. In 2018 Apple sold on average 572,734 iPhones per day.
16. In 2015 Apple recovered 2,204 pounds (1,000 kilograms) of gold from broken iPhones. In that year this was worth almost 40 million US-Dollar.
17. Tony Fadell, the creator of the iPod, offered the idea first to RealNetworks and Philips, but they failed to see the potential and declined the offer.
18. It took one year to sell a million copies of the first iPhone. With the iPhone 6, a million copies were sold on the first weekend of its release.
19. In 2013 the average salary of an employee at Apple in the US was 124,053 US-Dollar.
20. After Steve Jobs’ secretary was late due to her car breaking down, he later that afternoon gave her the keys to a new Jaguar, and told her, “Here, don’t be late anymore.”
22. Besides Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak there was a third founder of Apple: Roland Wayne. He sold his shares in 1976 for 800 dollars. We wrote a full article about that Apple fact. You can read it here.
23. The production costs for an iPhone (2014 generation) would have been 3.56 million US-Dollar in 1991.
24. Apple owns more cash than the United States.
25. People who own iPhones have sex more often compared to Android users.
26. Apple was the first private company to reach a market value of a trillion dollars.
27. Steve Jobs once accused Bill Gates of stealing from Apple. Gates therefore replied “Well, Steve, I think there’s more than one way of looking at it. I think it’s more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it.”
28. The starting melody of Windows was composed on a Mac.
29. According to Amazon, the best-selling books on Kindle are the Bible, the Steve Jobs biography and the Hunger Games trilogy.
30. The “Microsoft Office” products were initially developed exclusively for Apple computers.
31. In 2019, Apple was the most valuable brand followed by Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Coca-Cola.
What do you think about our 31 facts about Apple and which was your favorite fact? In case you know even more Apple facts just write us a message and we will add it to our list. We also have a similar list for every other company so make sure to check them out as well. However, if you prefer more general facts we can also highly recommend you our best fun facts. You can of course also follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook or check out the books we have published for you.